Saturday, December 27, 2014

Trend Predictions: 2015

Following last year's dark fashion predictions, here are my trend predictions for 2015, and with a brief note if my 2014 trend predictions came true this year! Overall I think it's going to be a more toned-down look next year.


Goth Trend: I kinda feel the stereotypical "nu-goth" look with the over-the-top satanic panic symbols and big occult stuff will kind of die down to a more old-school goth look (except with 90s hair), meaning a more hair-makeup look with normal, trendy street clothes (in black). Goth brand clothes will continue to take a hit as people stop at regular shops.
 (Last year: Said the nugoth look was going to win over pastel goth. yeah, I'd say so. In real life, I've seen way more nugoth people than pastel goth. and online as well)



Trend that will die next year: Unusual accessories
As much as I love these, I feel like the hand cuffs, open finger rings, odd ear cuff things will all go away. As awesome as they are, they are just not too practical for everyday wear.
(Last year: statement leggings. I'd say so. Even Black Milk is trying to diversify with dresses and skirts and things. On the street, I'm still seeing people wear statement leggings, but it's pretty rare)

Hair trend: uncombed, longish hair
The look these days is the more feminine look from the 90s, so longish, uncombed hair. At least I hope so. I so loved this look. When my hair grows back it does this on its own, so I'll be sporting it regardless. Probably wishful thinking on my part. 90s fashion is coming back, but in a more hygenic way. I wish we could just go all out and stop combing, stop bathing, stop washing our clothes, and just have our clothes deteriorate on our bodies

Like Drew Barrymore's hair here, but longer

(Last year I said hair accessories. Wow I couldn't have been more wrong. NO ONE wore hair accessories this year)

Color of the year: Black
Yeah, as everyone goes old-school, I feel like it's going to be pretty monochrome for a while. I think people will continue to dye their hair different things, but clothing will be black-on-black-on-black.
(Last year I said white. Yeah, kinda-sorta)

Beauty product: liquid eyeliner
How else are you going to make those dots?
(Last year I said lipstick. Yeah, not as HUGE as I thought it would be but I saw a lot of lips+eyebrow looks, especially with a dark red.)

Current trend that will continue next year: Strappy lingerie that's meant to be seen, especially paired with sheer stuff.


(last year I said crop tops with high-waisted. I feel like it was pretty true based on what I've seen on the street and stores)


Did I miss anything? What dark fashion trends do you think we'll see in 2015?

15 comments:

  1. Crop tops and high waisted skirts have certainly dominated the formal wear industry, it reminds me of the prom dresses from the late 90's only less clingy. I'm not good at predicting trends but I'd like to see more metallics and soft feminine textures. I like the bold statement leggings but I think they've been overdone, in the future I'd like to see simpler prints in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Women's Wear Daily seems to think that metallics will be popular this year, so you might be right!

      Delete
  2. I saw that nu goth picture on pinterest this week and thought- wow, this is a style I would love to dress for! also, Malcolm´s beautiful makeup selfies :P I was excited you have included him in the post.
    I am hoping to see more 90s stuff, it has been inspiring me lately and you could feel it coming along this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you and I follow the same people, it seems! I'm sure the look will continue

      Delete
  3. I wish I could look as good as the girl in teh first pic!

    Drew Barrymore looks amazing there! The whole outfit! My hair stays pretty straight and unmessy when unbrushed, so I don't think I will be able to pull that off, which makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I couldn't resist that picture. I forget Barrymore used to be so fabulous

      Delete
  4. I love your trend predictions; you really have an eye for what's going to happen. From this, it's looking like it's really going to be a return to the classics, and more relaxed aesthetics that just work. I kind of hope that the old goth brands (hellbunny and the like) crash and burn, because they just haven't moved with the times; Lip Service has made an effort, but bizarrely the high street is more goth appropriate - small, independent etsy stores and small companies are still in the lead, however.


    I was hoping that hair accessories became a thing too, but - not to be. On the other hand, I despised the nineties, but some neuronal pruning has gone on, and as ever we only remember the good bits. Here's to old school and classy black - looking like a good year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those goth brands have been selling the same stuff for the last ten years... It's getting so old. "We remember the good bits" about the 90s indeed! There were a few terrible trends then... But the reimaginings today are pretty awesome

      Delete
  5. I'd better stock up on all the unusual accessories before they disappear then >_<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I actually have that top and skirt in the first pic, tho I won't wear a crop top- I was thinking of using it with a corset... interestingly I think the last outfit I posted looks a bit like the nugoth, though with fishnets and tall boots... I'm a sad old thing set in my ways, I do sort of get set on my own trends, but sometimes I do see something new I like. I love the strappy lingerie tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. You wouldn't happen to remember where you got the top from, would you? The more I state at it, the more I want it

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. Interesting post. I hope unusual jewellry will not be out. Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete