Thursday, July 21, 2016

Witches Festival


A few weekends ago, I went to the witch festival on Astor place. It was basically goth fest, with a few hippy pagans thrown in.

So, I really liked this girl's skirt. Like some folk/gypsy action at the bottom. Vivid and awesome:

Here I am. My husband doesn't know how to take a photo, so I look extra short here.

Embroidery crystal grids for sale

Witch hat #1 


 It always gives me joy to see goths in the 60+ year old range. 

a lone graver with tripp pants. didn't know they were still around!

Cyber hair falls: teenage me would have been happy

There was a nordic black metal leather gauntlet booth. I thought the lock was an inspired touch. does anyone wear these anymore? 

I'd still wear this

Witches? What? Yes, there were some essential oils and spell craft supplies. Not as many booths as you'd think though!

Witch hat #2

An awesome outfit:

Of course you've got religious nuts protesting the witch festival. Here are the police, telling them to keep it down or move

Etsy shop Necronomicharm was there. I ended up getting a moon necklace and moon and cross earrings. 


These guys had some strange leather accessories: one had like a shoulder armor thing and another one had a leather gauntlet that held a vial of liquid. Wizards, I'm assuming. 

Here's a 30 second video I took, showing tarot card readings, belly dancing lessons, and merch.


A video posted by @axp259 on

13 comments:

  1. I love the girl's skirt too! My partner also does the short thing with photos! Omg Necronomicharm looks amaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH my husband also does that with photos!! It makes me look like my head is way bigger than the rest of my body or something!! OMG what is with the religious people with signs? GO AWAY! If you are so holy, go do something to help others rather than holding signs and harassing people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been frustrating to them, because everyone was laughing at them.

      Delete
  3. *sigh* people wearing actual witch hats
    Looks cool with all those sculptures and jewelry, with all that stuff being sold you wonder who actually wears it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i don't know why I saw so many people wearing witch hats...for the irony I'm guessing.

      Delete
  4. I love this 'witch goth' thing, tarot reading and belly dancing...There's a roman fair not so far away from where I live and they have a 'witch section' too...I might go check it out again this year, it's been too long since I indulged in some fake - pagan - y fun... ^^ Bot gonna gead over to Necronomicharm's now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i dont know why goths like belly dancing so much, but I like it. never been to a Roman fair...sounds like a cool idea!

      Delete
  5. I wish I could go! I digged into Wicca for a while but might be called a fluffy bunny then. I hate the Christian hate, it's not Christian behaviour to criticize their peers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The protesters are absolutely hilarious, I would have spent most of my time there making fun of them xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. That festival looks like so much fun! And I love how there are so many people who find witches, magic and/or paganism interesting. :) I once went to a pagan market here in Finland and it was a bit like that but much smaller and had mostly ointments, magic stuff, occult jewelry, and and some paintings.

    ReplyDelete