Thursday, March 30, 2017

Trend: Choker Tops

Don't like wearing chokers but love the look? Do you like wearing turtlenecks? Hit the stores, because this is the trend for you.


Front/Back
Killstar


I'm seeing everyone wearing these tops on the street. Goth brands are picking up the trend again, though I do have to say many of them have been doing it before it was cool, as evidenced by this Lip Service dress I got maybe 8 years ago:

Nope, not cleaning my room, ma
So both the Kill Star and Lip Service top have either a button or a zipper to close the choker part, but I've seen some brands where the choker part is elastic and you pull it over your head like a turtle neck. I imagine that, like turtlenecks, it won't be snug against your neck after maybe 2 washes. 

Kill Star, bought recently...did not think it would be a trend
Personally I kind of find them too fussy and would rather just wear a choker.



Trend: Choker Tops



Have you been seeing these everywhere too?

6 comments:

  1. This is one of those things that would not fit me, I have a shorter neck and disproportionately smaller torso. I guess I'll stick to separate chokers, I just made one today for under $10 and it came out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have killed for this kind of top when I was 12.
    I mean, like the cold shoulder tops, it's just a trend. I think chockers pretty much do the job anyway.
    But like you photo above (gorgeous!) they will always remind me of fetish goth ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's very fetish goth! Which I'm kind of liking at the moment... This trend is like everyday fetish goth (lol).

      Delete
  3. I have always loved the look of these, but I have a short neck and torso, so they look kinda weird on me. I did just buy the most fabulous vampire - ish choker gown in a thrift store tho', I couldn't resist it for $1...:D

    ReplyDelete